Muscat Climate & Temperature
- Muscat , Oman is at 23°35'N, 58°17'E, 8 m (28 ft). See map.
- Muscat has a subtropical desert / low-latitude arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BWh)
- The average temperature is 28.6 degrees Celsius (83.5 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 13.9 °C (25°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 100.3 mm (3.9 inches) which is equivalent to 100.3 Litres/m² (2.46 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Muscat you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Adamstown, Pitcairn Islands where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Muscat Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Muscat Climate Graph in Metric Units
Muscat Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Muscat , Oman Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Bandar Abbas, Iran - 447 kms (277.7 miles) NNW
- Bandar Lengeh, Iran - 478 kms (297 miles) NW
- Khasab, Oman - 357.1 kms (221.9 miles) NW
- Ras Al Kahimah, United Arab Emirates - 328.1 kms (203.9 miles) NW
- Sharjah, United Arab Emirates - 341.5 kms (212.2 miles) NW
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates - 352.1 kms (218.8 miles) WNW
- Majis, Oman - 194 kms (120.5 miles) WNW
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates - 382.1 kms (237.4 miles) WNW
- Abu Dhabi/ Bateen Ap, United Arab Emirates - 400.2 kms (248.7 miles) WNW
- Saiq, Oman - 88.2 kms (54.8 miles) SW